Monday, January 21, 2008

Let's Do the Damn Thing.

Most of you would call me an "armchair," to which I take no offense. However, I have sat for too long on the sideline, watching others being made fools of. Many of you are too smart for your own good, and I acknowledge that it's probably not within your control. Many of you consistently need a cause, and I cannot fault you to the extent that yours overlaps with mine. Many of you don't really know anything about libertarianism, except that you have a friend who is one.

You've all heard me call myself, at one time or another, "your friendly neighborhood libertarian," and I take this title more seriously than it may sound.

I'm extraordinarily regular. I guess I mean mainstream. I am swayed by advertisers and I watch J.J. Abrams' shows and I appreciate designer bags. And it is because of--not in spite of--this that I find my opinions to be different. I shun those who shun the status quo, but I attempt to do it with the subjectivity that I find they so consciously lack.

Read. Or don't read. Debate. Or glaze over.

Just know that, if you care to listen, I'll be voicing my opinions on this here blog, and I intend to remain, respectfully,

Your Friendly Neighborhood Libertarian.

No comments: